Thursday, November 27, 2008

Once Upon a Mattress

My life, as I find it, is not very busy. I don't really have much to do. I mean, between student council, basketball practice, and looking after 5 siblings I just don't know what to do with my spare time. Sometimes I feel like every single spare minute needs to be filled with something, so I decided to do our school's musical this fall.

The play was called "Once Upon a Mattress" which is a spoof on the ever-so-popular "Princess and the Pea" story. I played Sir Harry, the head knight in the kingdom, and I just found out that my wife, Lady Larken (played by Belen Moyano), is pregnant when we weren't supposed to be married in the first place. A little scandolous, I know; not even close to what I'm like in real life... But hey, what can I say? I'm just a semi-descent actor I suppose.

The whole story is absolutely hilarious and it was preformed extremely well by all of my friends in the cast! I started a little rocky and insecure because basketball was interfering with my reherasal time and the cast was getting a little angry with me because of it. But with the help of my counterpart Belen, I was able to pull it off somewhat well. It was the most fun production I've ever been a part of, and I loved performing.

Thank you to everyone who came and saw it! I hope you all enjoyed it. And to everyone who didn't get the chance to see it, I will hopefully be getting it on DVD soon, so hold tight!

3 comments:

Kari said...

Steven! ahh i wasn't ever able to go to your play!! Thats awesome though you did the school play again though this year!? Was it a musical? and congrats on getting a great role too!

Skinny said...

brother,

if i didn't tell you, good job on the play. well done, i quite enjoyed it.

you're awesome,

the gaffer

Katelyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.